Sofapaka is through to the FKF SportPesa Shield Cup round of 32 following a 2-0 win over Reunion in a match played on Sunday, June 3, 2018, at Camp Toyoyo.
Stephen Waruru netted early in the match before George Maelo got to the end of a corner kick by Kevin Kimani to score Sofapaka’s second goal.
Reunion came into the second half a rejuvenated side, but could not find a way past the more experienced Sofapaka defence.
The 2014 FKF Cup champions will consequently face off with Baba Dogo United, who had earlier on Saturday knocked out Equity Bank FC.
Three matches were played at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu.
Kisumu Hot Stars knocked out their FKF Division One League counterparts Raiply FC 2-1 in the first match of the day. Augustine Kuta’s first-half brace was all Hot Stars needed to book a round of 32 date with Premier League side Posta Rangers. Raiply scored a late consolation through Isharat Ondita.
The second match of the day saw Kenyan Premier League side Nzoia United ease past Dero FC 7-0. Patrick Kwitonda netted a hattrick, with Kevin Juma, David Ouma, Collins Wakhungu and Edgar Nzano also getting their names on the scoresheet.
Vihiga United would then edge out FKF Division II side Nyamira All-Stars 5-0 in the final match of the day. Christopher Masinza netted a hattrick with Kelvin Mugone and Godfrey Airo also on target for the KPL side.
In Kakamega, FKF National Super League sides Nakuru All-Stars and Bidco United recorded mixed results.
All-Stars lost 1-0 to River Plate while Bidco United beat Kabras United 4-0.
- Kisumu Hot Stars 2-1 Raiply (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Dero 0-7 Nzoia Sugar (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Riverplate 1-0 Nakuru All-Stars (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Kabras United 0-4 Bidco United (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Fortune Sacco 0-1 Mwatate United (Mikinduri Grounds)
- Ligi Ndogo 1(4)-1(3) Talanta (Hope Center)
- Balaji 1-2 Modern Coast Rangers (Camp Toyoyo)
- Reunion 0-2 Sofapaka (Camp Toyoyo)
- Nyamira All-Stars 0-5 Vihiga United (Moi Stadium, Kisumu)
Earlier on Saturday, defending champions AFC Leopards got their 2018 campaign underway with a 2-1 win over Shabana FC in Kisumu.
A brace by Marvin Omondi was enough for the KPL side to go through, with Oscar Oketch netting Shabana’s consolation.
Tusker FC were also 7-0 winners over Taita Taveta All-Stars.
A brace by Jackson Macharia, coupled with a goal apiece by Boniface Muchiri, Brian Sumba, Robert Achema, Michael Khamati and Mathew Odongo saw Tusker set up a date with Bandari in the round of 32.
- Egerton University 0-2 Western Stima (Egerton Uni. Grounds)
- Nanyuki Allstars 0-2 KCB (Nanyuki Stadium)
- Nunguni Yulu 1-3 Ushuru (UNOA Sports Ground)
- Berlin 1-3 Bandari (Garissa TTC Grounds)
- Emmausians 0-5 Leysa (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Taita Taveta All-Stars 0-7 Tusker (Taita Taveta University)
- Shabana 1-2 AFC Leopards (Moi Stadium)
- Baba Dogo United 2-1 Equity Bank (Baba Dogo Grounds)
- Kenpoly 3-0 Savannah Cement (Camp Toyoyo)
- Nairobi Water 0-3 Wazito (Camp Toyoyo)
- Vegpro 4-0 K.S.G (Karuturi Grounds)
- Rainforest 2-0 Sony Sugar (Karuturi Grounds)
- Bungoma Super Stars 3-1 ASEC (Sudi Stadium)
- Tandaza 0-1 Zetech University (Kabete Campus)
- Transfoc 2-1 Eldoret Youth (Kenyatta Stadium, Kitale)
- Transmillan 0-3 Ulinzi Stars (Kenyatta Stadium, Kitale)
Five matches had earlier on Friday, June 1, 2018, with 2017 runners up Kariobangi Sharks emerging as the biggest winners.
Sharks ran over Nanyuki Youth 6-0 at the Nanyuki Stadium, to set up a round of 32 date with Wazito FC. The later edged out Nairobi Water FC 3-0 at Camp Toyoyo.
- Friend Zone 1(3) – 1 (1) Naivas (Camp Toyoyo)
- Nanyuki Youth 0-6 Kariobangi Sharks (Nanyuki Stadium)
- Nakuru West Combined 1-2 Kenya Police (ASK Show Grounds)
- M.K.U Nakuru 0-4 Kisumu All Stars (ASK Show Grounds)
- Transmara Sugar 0-2 Posta Rangers (Enoosaen Grounds)