Kisumu All Starlets pulled an upset over hosts Thika Queens, winning 1-0, in one of three FKF Women Premier League matches played on Saturday.
After a goalless first half, Kisumu All Starlets looked the fitter of the two sides, and their preference for pace would pay off in the second half when Mercy Airo lobbed over an onrushing Thika Queens goalkeeper to break the deadlock.
The goal seemed to wake the hosts, who mounted pressure as the match wore on, but it was a little late as Kisumu All Starlets held on for maximum points.
At Camp Toyoyo, meanwhile, Vihiga Queens whitewashed hosts Spedag 8-0.
Terry Engesha netted four goals, with Topista Situma (brace), Phelistus Kadari and Diana Oginga also on target.
Soccer Queens also edged out Makolanders 2-1 at the Ruiru Grounds.
Three more matches will be played on Sunday, among them a doubleheader at the Barclays Sports Club.
- Thika Queens 0-1 Kisumu All Starlets (Thika Stadium)
- Spedag 0-8 Vihiga Queens (Ruaraka Grounds)
- Soccer Queens 2-1 Makolanders (Ruiru Grounds)
- Mathare United Women vs Kisumu All Starlets (Barclays Sports Club, 2 pm)
- Makolanders vs Vihiga Queens (Camp Toyoyo, 11 am)
- Kayole Starlet vs Gaspo Youth (Barclays Sports Club, 4 pm)