Bidco United edged out Administration Police 2-0 in one of two FKF National Super League matches played on Monday, August 6, 2018, at Camp Toyoyo.
Sean Opwora atoned for a penalty he missed early in the first half to score a goal in the 37th minute that put Bidco United on the front foot at the breather. John Walubuka would score a second for the Thika based side in the 56th minute to put the match beyond the law enforcers reach.
The win saw Bidco rise to fifth, four points behind fourth-placed Nairobi Stima who, however, have a match in hand.
In the second match played at 4.15 pm, Ushuru’s quest for a return to the top of the log got a hit when they were held to a 1-1 draw by visiting Coast Stima.
Ekaliani Ndolo’s cross cum shot from long range ricocheted off the crossbar before bouncing off Coast Stima goalkeeper Said Dhadho and into the net for Ushuru’s opener in the 10th minute. A spirited fight from the guests in the second half would bear fruit in the 70th minute when Eric Ngoja restored parity from close range.
Ushuru consequently trails leaders Western Stima on goal difference. Both sides are tied at 52 points with Stima having a 23-goal difference, one better than Ushuru.
- Western Stima 3-0 GFE 105 (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)
- KCB 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Kangemi All-Stars 1-2 Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Nakuru All-Stars 1-1 Kisumu All Stars (Afraha Stadium, 12 pm)
- Modern Coast Rangers 0-1 Nairobi Stima (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)
- Administration Police 0-2 Bidco United (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Ushuru 1-1 Coast Stima (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
Also Read: Ten-man KCB held as Western Stima go top