Kangemi All-Stars will kick off round 17 of the FKF National Super League with a match against Kibera Black Stars on Saturday, May 12, 2018, at the Ruaraka Grounds.
The two clubs, which boast a huge following in the second tier league, are only three points apart: Black Stars is ninth with 24 points while their counterparts are 11th with 21 points.
The match will be one of four matches lined up on Saturday with two of them set to be aired LIVE on Bamba Sports.
- Kangemi All-Stars vs Kibera Black Stars (11 am, Ruaraka Grounds)
- Kisumu All Stars vs Nairobi City Stars (3 pm, Moi Stadium, Kisumu)
- KCB vs Coast Stima (1 pm, Camp Toyoyo) LIVE on Bamba Sports
- Ushuru vs GFE 105 (3 pm, Camp Toyoyo) LIVE on Bamba Sports
Five matches will be played on Sunday with the highlight being yet another Stima Derby at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu.
Hosts Western Stima will face off with Nairobi Stima, hoping to put behind a 2-2 setback in their last match against Coast Stima.
Isibania will also be up against St Joseph Youth at the Awendo Green Stadium.
- Administration Police vs FC Talanta (11 am, Camp Toyoyo)
- Kenya Police vs Green Commandos (1 pm, Karuturi Grounds)
- Isibania vs St Joseph Youth (3 pm, Awendo Green Stadium)
- Western Stima vs Nairobi Stima (3 pm, Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Modern Coast Rangers vs Bidco United (3 pm, Mbaraki Sports Club)
A record six players will be missing in action for their respective sides through suspension.
Western Stima duo of Geoffrey Ochieng and Junior Mukisa, who were sent off in their match against Coast Stima, will be ineligible to play against Nairobi Stima.
Kangemi All-Stars’ John Kiplangat and Green Commandos’ Griffins Amatala will also miss their matches against Kibera Black Stars and Kenya Police respectively having been sent off in round 16.
St Joseph Youth’s Kennedy Onyango and Nairobi City Stars’ Sande Katumba, meanwhile, have each accumulated five Yellow Cards, and will hence be out of their matches against Isibania and Kisumu All Stars respectively.