Visiting St Joseph Youth held KCB to a 1-1 draw in the first of a LIVE FKF National Super League doubleheader played on Sunday, August 5, 2018, at Camp Toyoyo.
KCB had gone ahead in the 26th minute when June acquisition Shami Mwinyi waded of a challenge from his marker to shoot from long range. Moses Arita would, however, restore parity at the stroke of halftime.
The Bankers dominated proceedings for the better part of the second half in search of a winner despite their numerical disadvantage when Bethuel Warambo was sent off but resolute defending by the guests saw both sides return home with a share of the spoils.
In the second match played at the same venue, Nairobi City Stars edged out Kangemi ALl Stars 2-1. A goal apiece by Stephen Inganji and Peter Wainaina saw City Stars head to the breather leading 2-0. Inganji would score an own goal in the 80th minute to arouse hopes of a comeback but City Stars held on for a second consecutive win.
Western Stima, meanwhile, temporarily leaped to the summit pending Monday’s results. This is following a 3-0 win over struggling GFE 105 at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu. James Ogada, Fredrick Nyarombo, and Johanna Mwita were on target for the Powermen.
Three more matches will be played on Monday August 6, 2018, with the highlight being a doubleheader at Camp Toyoyo, set to be aired LIVE on Bamba Sports.
Administration Police will host Bidco United at 2 pm before Ushuru takes to the field against Coast Stima at 4,15 pm.
- Western Stima 3-0 GFE 105 (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)
- KCB 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Kangemi All-Stars 1-2 Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Nakuru All-Stars 1-1 Kisumu All Stars (Afraha Stadium, 12 pm)
- Modern Coast Rangers 0-1 Nairobi Stima (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)
- Administration Police vs Bidco United (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Ushuru vs Coast Stima (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Isibania vs Green Commandos (Awendo Stadium, 3 pm)