Western Stima and KCB stretched away from the chasing pack after wins over Green Commandos and City Stars respectively in FKF National Super League matches played on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
Stima got easy pickings after their would-be opponents, Green Commandos, failed to secure a match venue in time for the match.
Simon Abuko’s 65th-minute goal, meanwhile, was the difference as KCB dug out a third straight win in as many matches. The Bankers consequently sit pretty at second place; three points clear of third-placed Nairobi Stima.
Ushuru and Nairobi Stima, in the meantime, lost footing after being held by Nakuru All-Stars and Kibera Black Stars respectively.
Maxwell Ravel’s goal at the stroke of halftime was canceled out in the 57th minute by Wilson Njuguna to ensure a share of the spoils in the match played at the Hope Center. Nairobi Stima, meanwhile, failed to find a way past Nakuru All-Stars, the match ending 0-0 at the Karuturi Grounds in Naivasha.
The Powermen are thus third on the log with 63 points, two clear of fourth-placed Ushuru.
Kenya Police also picked up three points in their match against visiting Kisumu All-Stars in Naivasha, the match ending 4-2.
A brace by Clinton Kinanga, coupled with a goal apiece by Joseph Oyule and Nixon Omondi was enough for the Law Enforcers to bounce back from a loss in their last match against KCB. Gerishom Osumba scored a brace for the guests.
- St Joseph Youth 1-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Afraha Stadium)
- Kibera Black Stars 1-1 Ushuru (Hope Center)
- Kangemi All-Stars 2-0 Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Coast Stima 2-2 Administration Police (Serani Sports Ground)
- Green Commandos 0-2 Western Stima (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Bidco United 2-0 FC Talanta (Thika Stadium)
- Nairobi City Stars 0-1 KCB (Hope Center)
- Kenya Police 4-2 Kisumu All Stars (Karuturi Grounds)
- Nairobi Stima 0-0 Nakuru All-Stars (Karuturi Grounds)