Ushuru played out a barren draw with Nairobi Stima in one of five FKF National Super League matches played on Friday, January 25, 2019, as the league entered its tenth round.
The two are the only sides yet to lose a match this season, and the draw was a clear indication that neither was ready to tarnish that record.
Ushuru thus had their four-point lead cut to only two, following Wazito’s 2-0 win over Coast Stima at the Mbaraki Sports Club.
Teddy Osok and Joe Waithira were on target for Wazito as they managed their eighth win of the season.
At the Thika Stadium, meanwhile, Bidco United edged out visiting Eldoret Youth 2-0 while Kenya Police were 3-1 winners over Migori Youth in a curtain raiser to the Ushuru, Nairobi Stima match.
Five more matches will be played on Saturday, among them a tripleheader at Camp Toyoyo, set to kick off at 12 pm. Shabana will also be up against Kisumu All Stars at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu.
Round Ten Results
- Kenya Police 3-1 Migori Youth (Karuturi Grounds)
- Nairobi Stima 0-0 Ushuru (Karuturi Grounds)
- Modern Coast Rangers 1-1 Kibera Black Stars (Serani Sports Grounds)
- Coast Stima 0-2 Wazito (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Bidco United 2-0 Eldoret Youth (Thika Stadium)
- Kisumu All Stars vs Shabana (Moi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Kangemi All-Stars vs Fortune Sacco (Camp Toyoyo, 12 pm)
- Nairobi City Stars vs Green Commandos (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- FC Talanta vs Administration Police (Camp Toyoyo, 4:15 pm)
- St Joseph’s Youth vs Thika United (Afraha Stadium, 3 pm)