FC Talanta produced the biggest upset of the 18th round of the FKF National Super League when they thumped Wazito 3-1 on Monday, March 4, 2019, at Camp Toyoyo.
Paul Karuri netted a brace, with Abdulwahab Adam also on the scoresheet as the Communications Authority-sponsored side cemented fourth place. Kennedy Ayako’s goal in the second half could only count as a consolation.
Following the loss, Wazito has dropped to third place with 38 points, similar to second-placed Nairobi Stima, who however boast of a superior goal difference.
Earlier on at the same venue, Ushuru had maintained their place at the summit with a 3-0 win over Kangemi All-Stars.
Brian Yakhama, Oscar Mbugua, and Alex Sunga each netted a goal apiece as the Taxmen went three points clear of second-placed Nairobi Stima.
Kenya Police also picked up a 2-1 win over Modern Coast Rangers in Naivasha.
Victor Melon had given the Law Enforcers a 46th-minute lead that Samuel Ate canceled out for the guests in the 54th minute. Abraham Dawo would, however, nick all three points with an 88th-minute strike.
Round 18 Results
- Administration Police 3-0 Eldoret Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kibera Black Stars 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Shabana 1-1 Nairobi Stima (Gusii Stadium)
- Green Commandos 2-1 Kisumu All Stars (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Migori Youth 1-0 Nairobi City Stars (Awendo Green Stadium)
- Fortune Sacco 0-1 Coast Stima (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United 0-2 Bidco United (Thika Stadium)
- Kangemi All-Stars 0-3 Ushuru (Camp Toyoyo)
- Wazito 1-3 Talanta (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kenya Police 2-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Karuturi Grounds)