The much-anticipated derby featuring Nairobi Stima against Western Stima at the Karuturi Grounds in Naivasha ended in a 1-1 draw, consequently slowing down the home side’s pursuit for an automatic qualification spot.
Wesley Kemboi had put the guests ahead in the 52nd minute before top scorer Stephen Owusu induced hopes of a fightback with a 77th-minute equalizer.
Nairobi Stima has since amassed 67 points from 34 matches, five shy of second-placed KCB, whom they face in their final match of the season.
KCB, meanwhile, needs two points from her last two matches to seal automatic qualification to next season’s top tier.
This comes following the Bankers’ 0-2 win over Coast Stima at the Mbaraki Sports Club which saw them hit the 72-point mark from 34 matches.
Dennis Ng’ang’a and Chrispinus Onyango were on target.
Ushuru also put themselves in the frame of at least a playoff spot when they brushed aside GFE 105 0-4 at the Sudi Stadium in Bungoma.
A brace by Maxwell Ravel, coupled with a goal apiece by Bill Oporia and Edwin Mwaura saw the Taxmen reduce the gap between them and third-placed Nairobi Stima to only two points with two matches left.
Green Commandos also came from behind to edge out Kenya Police 2-1 while in Nakuru, St Joseph brushed aside visiting Migori Youth 6-0.
- Nairobi Stima 1-1Western Stima (Karuturi Grounds)
- Bidco United 0-0 Modern Coast Rangers (Thika Stadium)
- FC Talanta 0-0 Administration Police (Camp Toyoyo)
- GFE 105 0-4 Ushuru (Sudi Stadium)
- Green Commandos 2-1 Kenya Police (Bukhungu Stadium)
- St Joseph Youth 6-0 Migori Youth (Afraha Stadium)
- Coast Stima 0-2 KCB (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Nairobi City Stars 2-0 Kisumu All Stars (Hope Center)
- Kibera Black Stars 2-1 Kangemi All-Stars (Hope Center)