FC Talanta came from a goal down do trounce Eldoret Youth 3-1 in an FKF National Super League match played on Sunday, December 2, 2018, at Camp Toyoyo.
Kevin Cheti had set the NSL debutants off with a goal in the 14th minute. Talanta would however restore parity at the stroke of halftime through Rodgers Omondi for a 1-1 halftime score.
Upon resumption, the hosts upped the ante and deservedly got a second goal courtesy of a looping header by Ronny Katumanga.
Michael Muya would thump in a header from a well taken corner kick for the hosts third, handing Eldoret Youth a rather harsh welcome to the second tier league.
In the second match played at the same venue, Kangemi All Stars also came from behind to edge out Kibera Black Stars 2-1, thus getting their 2018/2019 campaign underway on a high.
Kevin Ouma had given Black Stars the lead on the hour mark. Two goals in the final ten minutes by Harrison Omutuku and Benjamin Simiyu would however turn the match around.
Wazito, meanwhile, also started off on a winning note when they edged out Nairobi City Stars 0-2 at the Hope Center.
Eugene Ambulwa and Kennedy Ayako were on target for Wazito who will be hoping for a swift return to the top tier.
One match will round up matchday one on Monday where Bidco United will host Nairobi Stima at the Thika Stadium. The match kicks off at 3 pm.
- Ushuru 1-0 Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kenya Police 2-1 Fortune Sacco (Karuturi Grounds)
- St Joseph Youth 0-1 Shabana (Afraha Stadium)
- FC Talanta 3-1 Eldoret Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kangemi All Stars 2-1 Kibera Black Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Coast Stima 2-0 Thika United (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Modern Coast Rangers 1-2 Green Commandos (Serani Sports Ground)
- Kisumu All Stars 1-1 Administration Police (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Nairobi City Stars 0-2 Wazito (Hope Center)
- Bidco United vs Nairobi Stima (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)