Ushuru yet again made their promotion intentions clear when they picked up a 2-0 win over Administration Police, on Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at Camp Toyoyo.
David Otieno was on target from the penalty spot for the Taxmen in the first half, but would early in the second half be given his marching orders after he brought down AP forward Alfred Chole who was through on goal.
Despite a one-man handicap, Ushuru would extend their lead through offseason acquisition Michael Osundwa, a two-goal lead that they resiliently held onto until the final whistle.
In the succeeding match that kicked off at 4.15 pm, FC Talanta scored two past visiting Green Commandos to rise to second on the 20-team log. The match ended 2-0.
Anthony Gichu scored on either side of halftime to see Talanta clock 19 points, only three shy of leaders Ushuru.
Wazito, meanwhile, lost footing when they fell 2-1 to Bidco United at the Thika Stadium.
Emmanuel Onyancha and Dinken Mwema were on target for Bidco, with Eugene Ambulwa’s equalizer turning out to be a mere consolation.
At the Eldoret Showgrounds, Shabana suffered their second loss in a row when they went down to a solitary goal by Eldoret Youth’s Joseph Oyugi while in Kisumu, hosts Kisumu All-Stars edged out Kibera Black Stars 1-0.
- Eldoret Youth 1-0 Shabana (Eldoret Show Grounds)
- Nairobi Stima 2-1 Thika United (Karuturi Grounds, 3 pm)
- Bidco United 2-1 Wazito (Thika Stadium)
- Administration Police 0-2 Ushuru (Camp Toyoyo)
- FC Talanta 2-0 Green Commandos (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Kisumu All-Stars 1-0 Kibera Black Stars (Moi Stadium)
- St. Joseph’s Youth 1-2 Fortune Sacco (Afraha Stadium)
- Coast Stima 2-0 Migori Youth (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Modern Coast Rangers 2-0 Kangemi All-Stars (Serani Sports Grounds)
- Nairobi City Stars 1-1 Kenya Police (Camp Toyoyo)