Western Stima came from a goal down to edge out Kangemi All-Stars 2-1 in the second of a LIVE FKF National Super League doubleheader played on Friday, July 13, 2018, at the Hope Center.
Ronald Kirumira capitalized on a goalkeeping mishap by Stima goalkeeper Samuel Odhiambo to put Kangemi on the front foot, a lead the hosts held onto in the first half. Odhiambo would, however, atone for the error when he tucked in a second-half penalty to draw Stima level after Gregory Nyapala was adjudged to have handled the ball in the box. As the match seemed to be heading for a share of the spoils, John Mwita rose high to head in the winner in the 87th minute.
The win sees Western Stima temporarily rise to the top of the log pending Saturday’s fixtures.
Earlier on at the same venue, Nairobi City Stars edged out Modern Coast Rangers 1-0. Peter Mwangi was on target for City Stars in the 6th minute to see them temporarily rise to sixth pending Saturday’s results.
Five more matches will be played on Saturday, July 14, 2018, across different venues. Kibera Black Stars will face off with Administration Police at the Hope Center starting 3 pm while Afraha Stadium will host the Nakuru Derby pitting St Joseph’s Youth against Nakuru All Stars.
- Nairobi City Stars 1-0 Modern Coast Rangers (Hope Center)
- Kangemi All-Stars 2-1 Western Stima (Hope Center)
- Isibania vs KCB (Awendo Stadium, 3 pm)
- St Joseph’s Youth vs Nakuru All-Stars (Afraha Stadium, 12 pm)
- Kibera Black Stars vs Administration Police (Hope Center, 3 pm)
- Kisumu All Stars vs Nairobi Stima (Moi Stadium, 3 pm)
- GFE 105 vs Bidco United (Sudi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Kenya Police vs Ushuru (Camp Toyoyo, 11 am)
- Coast Stima vs FC Talanta (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)