FKF National Super League side Western Stima has sealed promotion to the 2019 top tier league following a 1-0 win over Coast Stima in a match played on Friday, September 28, 2018, at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu.
Junior Mukisa scored the lone goal with only two minutes left on the clock to see the Powermen clock 76 points from 34 matches.
KCB also kept their promotion hopes alive when they edged out Green Commandos 2-0 at Camp Toyoyo.
Dennis Ng’ang’a struck a 21st-minute free kick, which was aided by a deflection off the guests’ wall, to see the Bankers head to the breather with a one-goal advantage.
Kennedy Owino then doubled KCB’s lead in the 62nd minute after a swift counter-attack, the match ending 2-0.
KCB is thus second, six points clear of third-placed Nairobi Stima, who are set to face Administration Police on Saturday.
Ushuru, meanwhile, lost footing after being held to a 1-1 draw by St Joseph Youth.
The Taxmen had taken a second-minute lead when Bill Oporia struck from close range for a 1-0 halftime lead. Kevin Taabu, however, restored parity at the hour mark off a corner kick.
St Joseph Youth henceforth sucked in pressure from the hosts, the match ending in a draw.
Six more matches will be played on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
Third-placed Nairobi Stima will be out to keep the pressure on KCB when they face Administration Police at Camp Toyoyo.
Kenya Police, on the other hand, will host Nairobi City Stars at the Karuturi Grounds in Naivasha.
Round 35 Results
- Ushuru 1-1 St Joseph Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- KCB 2-0 Green Commandos (Camp Toyoyo)
- Western Stima 1-0 Coast Stima (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Kenya Police vs Nairobi City Stars (Karuturi Grounds, 1 pm)
- Migori Youth vs Kibera Black Stars (Awendo Green Stadium, 3 pm)
- Nakuru All-Stars vs FC Talanta (Afraha Stadium, 11 am)
- Administration Police vs Nairobi Stima (Camp Toyoyo, 11 am)
- Modern Coast Rangers vs GFE 105 (Mbaraki Sports Club, 3 pm)
- Kisumu All Stars vs Kangemi All-Stars (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)