Talanta made it two wins in two when they edged out struggling Kangemi All-Stars 2-0 at Camp Toyoyo in one of five NSL matches played on Sunday.
Rodgers Omondi and Anthony Gichu were on target, a win that sees Talanta widen the gap between them and fifth-placed Kisumu All-Stars to four points. The latter, however, have a match in hand.
Nairobi Stima also reduced the gap between them and second-placed Ushuru to only a point.
This is following a 1-0 win over Migori Youth in Awendo. Victor Omune scored the lone goal.
Ushuru, meanwhile, faltered yet again, when they were held to a 1-1 draw by Coast Stima at the Ruaraka Grounds. Edwin Mwaura was on target from the spot for the Taxmen, but Collins Kombo’s strike for the visitors ensured a share of the spoils.
Five more matches will be played on Monday with the highlight being a doubleheader at the Thika Stadium.
Bidco United will be the first to take to the pitch against Kenya Police before Thika United takes on league leaders Wazito.
Round 15 Results
- FC Talanta 2-0 Kangemi All-Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Ushuru 1-1 Coast Stima (Ruaraka Grounds)
- Nairobi Stima 1-0 Migori Youth (Karuturi Grounds)
- Shabana 7-2 Green Commandos (Gusii Stadium)
- Eldoret Youth 1-1 Fortune Sacco (Eldoret Show Grounds)
- St Joseph’s Youth vs Nairobi City Stars (Afraha Stadium, 3 pm)
- Administration Police vs Kibera Black Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
- Kisumu All Stars vs Modern Coast Rangers (Moi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Bidco United vs Kenya Police (Thika Stadium, 2 pm)
- Thika United vs Wazito (Thika Stadium, 4:15 pm)