The Chapa Dimba na Safaricom Youth Tournament enters its penultimate stage in Western Region with the finals set to be played on Saturday, January 12, and Sunday, January 13, 2019, at the Bukhungu Stadium in Kakamega.
Four girls’ teams: Brenda Girls (Bungoma), Bishop Njenga (Lugari), King’andole (Busia) and Ibinzo Girls (Kakamega) and Four Boys’ teams: The Saints (Butere-Mumias), Ebbu Stars (Vihiga), Friends Bukembe (Bungoma), and Lugari Blue Saints (Lugari), made it to the regional finals after emerging champions in their respective sub-branches.
They will thus battle it out in the semifinals on Saturday, where two winners in each category will proceed to the finals set to be played on Sunday.
The overall winners in the region will take home KES 200,000 each and will also qualify for the national finals where the champions in both the men and women categories will walk away with KES 1 Million.
Talented players, both boys and girls, will also be scouted and will be drafted in an all-star team that will enjoy a training camp in Spain.
Western Region Finals Program
- Brenda Girls vs Bishop Njenga (Saturday, 8 am)
- King’andole vs Ibinzo Girls (Saturday, 10 am)
- The Saints vs Ebbu Stars (Saturday, 12 pm)
- Bukembe Friends vs Lugari Blue Saints (Saturday, 2 pm)
- Winner Semifinal 1 vs Winner Semifinal 2 (Sunday, 9 am)
- Winner Semifinal 1 vs Winner Semifinal 2 (Sunday, 11.30 am)