Football Kenya Federation has imposed a KES 20,000 fine on Kibera Black Stars following fans’ misconduct during their FKF National Super League match against Wazito played on March 27, 2019, at Camp Toyoyo.
The decision was arrived at during a Leagues and Competitions Committee sitting at FKF House, Goal Project.
“The FKF Leagues & Competitions Committee in its sitting on Wednesday, 24th April 2019 deliberated and decided as follows;
- That Kibera Black Stars FC fans attacked Wazito FC and ended up disrupting the match. The match eventually resumed and ended 1-0 in favor of Wazito FC.
- That the results of the match be allowed to stand, 1-0 in favor of Wazito FC.
- That Kibera Black Stars FC have been found guilty of misconduct during the mentioned match against Wazito FC and are hereby fined Kenya Shillings Twenty Thousands (Kshs 20,000).
- The above amount should be paid to the Football Kenya Federation within Fourteen (14) days from the date of this ruling.
- That the club is hereby warned that severe punishment will be meted out on it if its fans/members and/or supporters will be found guilty of a similar charge in future matches,” read part of the letter sent to Kibera Black Stars, signed by FKF General Secretary Robert Muthomi.
The match ended 1-0 in favor of Wazito, who are currently ranked second on the 20 team log.