The Kenya U15 National Team has jetted out to Eritrea on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, ahead of the upcoming CECAFA U15 Championships.
The team held its final training session on Monday morning and it is now all systems go for the junior regional showpiece which will see 11 teams battle it out in a Group and Knockout format.
“Fans can expect exciting football from us. We are more than ready. We have put in a lot of effort in camp and it’s now time to translate it on the pitch,” said coach Sagar Lakhani.
Kenya has been pooled in Group A alongside Somalia, Burundi and hosts Eritrea.
The Junior Stars will kick off their campaign on Saturday against Somalia, with the top three teams in Group A and B set to join the top two in Group C in the quarterfinals slated for August 27, and August 28, 2019.
Group A: Eritrea, Kenya, Burundi, Somalia
Group B: Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, South Sudan
Group C: Tanzania, Sudan, Djibouti
- Kenya vs Somalia (Friday, August 16, 2019, 2 pm)
- Burundi vs Kenya (Monday, August 19, 2019, 2 pm)
- Eritrea vs Kenya (Friday, August 23, 2019, 4.30 pm)
- Quarterfinals (August 27, and August 28, 2019)
- Semifinals (Friday, 30, 2019)
- Finals (Sunday, September 1, 2019)