The Kenya U15 National team is set to jet out on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, at 5 am, to Eritrea ahead of the upcoming CECAFA U15 Championships.
The Junior Stars held their final training session on Monday morning at the Wadi Degla Club and it is now all systems go for the two-week tourney.
“With the preparations, we have had and the caliber of friendly matches we have played, I’m confident we’ll give a positive show,” said coach Sagar Lakhani.
“My expectation is that we learn as much as possible from our strengths and weaknesses. I also want the boys to play and have fun while doing it,” he added.
The tournament is set to kick off on August 16, 2019, with the final slated for September 1, 2019, in Asmara.
Kenya has been pooled in Group A alongside Somalia, Burundi and hosts Eritrea.
- Kenya vs Somalia (Friday, August 16, 2019, 2 pm)
- Burundi vs Kenya (Monday, August 19, 2019, 2 pm)
- Eritrea vs Kenya (Friday, August 23, 2019, 4.30 pm)
- Quarterfinals (August 27, and August 28, 2019)
- Semifinals (Friday, 30, 2019)
- Finals (Sunday, September 1, 2019)