Football Kenya Federation’s Center of Excellence (Kenya U16 team) and the senior women national team, Harambee Starlets, took part in friendly matches on Saturday as part of preparations for their upcoming international assignments. The matches were played at the Ongata Senior School.
Starlets lost to the Kenya U16 national team, Ongata Senior School and Dagoretti High School while the U16 boys beat played out a draw against Ongata Senior School, a win against Starlets and lost 1-0 to Dagoretti High School.
The matches are in preparation for both sides’ international assignments in the coming months.
Starlets are set to face Tanzania in the first round of their 2020 Africa Women Cup of Nations in April and will be taking part in the Turkish Women’s Cup early next month as a build-up to the knockout qualifier.
The Kenya U16 team, meanwhile, will be making a second appearance at the Mediterranean International Cup in Costa Brava, Spain. The team jets out on April 2, 2020, to Valencia, where they will hold a one-week camp and play a friendly match before heading to Costa Brava for the European junior championship.
- Ongata Senior School 1-1 Kenya U16 (4′- Kevin Wangaya (COE), 50′- Charles Odhiambo (Ongata))
- Harambee Starlets 0-1 Dagoretti High (25′ – Dalphine Hezekiah)
- Dagoretti High 1-0 Ongata Senior School (25″ – Loren James)
- Harambee Starlets 0-2 Kenya U16 (27″ – Hussein Mosha, 28″ – Sigmunn Maina)
- Ongata Senior School 1-0 Harambee Starlets (25″ – Bratan Mugisha)
- Dagoretti High 1-0 Kenya U16 (32″ – Jack Odhiambo)