Bidco United put brakes on Western Stima’s title charge following a 1-0 win over the Powermen in an FKF National Super League match played on Saturday, August 11, 2018, at the Thika Stadium.
Victor Ayugi scored the lone goal to see Bidco reduce the gap between them and fourth-placed Nairobi Stima to only one point, albeit with two games in hand. Western Stima, meanwhile, retained top spot pending Ushuru’s match against Nairobi Stima on Sunday.
At the Afraha Stadium, hosts Nakuru All-Stars managed their fifth win of the season following a 1-0 win over visiting Administration Police. John Otieno scored in the 3rd minute, a lead the hosts held onto till the final whistle, consequently seeing them rise two places up to 16th with 20 points from 26 matches.
KCB also cemented third place with a comfortable 0-3 win over GFE 105 at the Sudi Stadium in Bungoma. Simon Abuko, Kennedy Owino and Kevin Migele were on target for the Bankers.
Three more matches will be played on Sunday, August 12, 2018, to sum up round 27.
- Nakuru All-Stars 1-0 Administration Police (Afraha Stadium, 12 pm)
- GFE 105 0-3 KCB (Sudi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Bidco United 1-0 Western Stima (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Nairobi Stima vs Ushuru (Karuturi Grounds, 3 pm)
- Coast Stima vs Isibania (Mbaraki Grounds, 3 pm)
- Kibera Black Stars vs Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)