Wazito made clear their promotion intentions when they put six past Green Commandoes in the opening match of round 33 of the FKF National Super League played on Friday at Camp Toyoyo.
Derrick Onyango and Joe Waithira each struck a brace apiece, with Wilson Anekeya and Victor Ndinya also on target. Wazito has now amassed 69 points and is top of the table with five matches to play.
Kisumu All-Stars, meanwhile, retained second place following a 1-0 win over Coast Stima at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu. John Oruko scored the lone goal.
Ushuru, meanwhile, had Evans Maliachi to thank as his strike at the death saw them steal a 2-1 win over St Joseph Youth at Camp Toyoyo. Paul Kiongera had given the Taxmen a 20th minute lead from the spot, one they would surrender with a minute left on the clock, courtesy of Adam Fadhili. Maliachi, however, netted the winner with virtually the last kick of the match.
Bidco United also moved up to sixth with a 3-0 win over Modern Coast Rangers at the Thika Stadium. Michael Owino netted a brace, with Nelson Chieta also on target.
Six more matches will be played on Saturday, among them a doubleheader at Camp Toyoyo, set to kick off at 2 pm.
Round 33 Results
- Wazito 6-0 Green Commandos (Camp Toyoyo)
- Ushuru 2-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kisumu All-Stars 1-0 Coast Stima (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Bidco United 3-0 Modern Coast Rangers (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United vs Kibera Black Stars (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Eldoret Youth vs Kenya Police (Eldoret Show Grounds, 3 pm)
- Nairobi Stima vs Kangemi All-Stars (Karuturi Grounds, 3 pm)
- Shabana vs Fortune Sacco (Gusii Stadium, 3 pm)
- FC Talanta vs Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Administration Police vs Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 4:15 pm)