KCB got a setback in their quest for promotion to next season’s top tier league when they were held to a 0-0 draw by Bidco United in an FKF National Super League match played on Friday, August 17, 2018, at Camp Toyoyo.
The Bankers consequently missed out on a chance to go top of the 19-team league, pending other weekend matches featuring fellow title challengers Western Stima, Ushuru and Nairobi Stima.
Kenya Police also brought to a halt a 3 match winless streak when they edged out struggling GFE 105 at the Karuturi Grounds. The win saw them rise to seventh with 38 points from 24 matches.
Administration Police, meanwhile, suffered their third loss in a row, this time against visiting Kisumu All-Stars at Camp Toyoyo. Kefa Maliachi scored at the death to grant the guests maximum points, consequently rising to eighth with 36 points from 26 matches.
Five more matches have been lined up over the weekend with three teams all having a realistic chance of ending round 28 at the top of the log.
- Administration Police 0-1 Kisumu All Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- KCB 0-0 Bidco United (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Kenya Police 2-0 GFE 105 (Karuturi Grounds, 1 pm)
- Western Stima vs Nakuru All-Stars (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)
- Isibania vs Nairobi Stima (Awendo Green Stadium, 3 pm)
- Kangemi All-Stars vs Coast Stima (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Nairobi City Stars vs St Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Ushuru Vs Talanta (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)