KCB rose up to second on the FKF National Super League table following a 2-0 win over Coast Stima in a match played on Saturday, May 12, 2018.
A goal by Simon Abuko from close range in the second half, coupled with a late strike by Dennis Ng’ang’a, saw the Bankers close in on league leaders Western Stima.
The gap has since reduced to five points with KCB having a game in hand.
In another match played at the same venue, Ushuru was held to a 0-0 draw by GFE 105. The Taxmen are third on the log with 29 points from 16 matches.
- Ushuru 0-0 GFE 105 (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kisumu All-Stars 0-2 Nairobi City Stars (Moi Stadium, Kisumu)
- KCB 2-0 Coast Stima (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kangemi All-Stars 1-2 Kibera Black Stars
On Sunday, league leaders Western Stima suffered their second loss of the season at the hands of Nairobi Stima. The match ended 0-1.
The loss sees Stima’s lead at the top cut to five points, with second-placed KCB having a match in hand.
Kenya Police also bounced back to winning ways when they edged out Green Commandos 4-1 at the Karuturi Grounds.
Administration Police, meanwhile, bounced back from a 5-1 defeat in their last match to edge out FC Talanta 1-0 at Camp Toyoyo.
- Modern Coast Rangers 2-1 Bidco United (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Western Stima 0-1 Nairobi Stima (Moi Stadium, Kisumu)
- Kenya Police 4-1 Green Commandos (Karuturi Grounds)
- Administration Police 1-0 FC Talanta