Wazito registered a 1-0 win away to St Joseph Youth to put behind them an upset in their last match against FC Talanta as the FKF National Super League entered round 19 on Friday, March 8, 2019.
Paul Aquah’s lone strike in the 21st minute was enough to see the third-placed side pull through their 13th win in 19 matches.
Ushuru, meanwhile, fell to a 60th-minute strike by Kenya Police’s towering forward Clinton Kinanga, the match ending 1-0.
The Taxmen, who however still top the 20-team standings, are now level on points with Nairobi Stima and Wazito.
Kibera Black Stars also continued their resurgence with a 3-1 win over Nairobi City Stars.
Tony Baraza struck a brace for Black Stars, with Julius Masaba also on target, while City Stars’ goal was netted by Charles Otieno.
Two more matches will be played on Saturday, with Bidco United hosting Administration Police while Migori Youth will be away to Kangemi All-Stars.
Also Read: WPL Round two fixtures and match venues
NSL Round 19 Fixtures
- Ushuru 0-1 Kenya Police (Camp Toyoyo)
- Nairobi City Stars 1-3 Kibera Black Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- FC Talanta 1-1 Shabana (Camp Toyoyo)
- St Joseph Youth 0-1 Wazito (Afraha Stadium)
- Nairobi Stima 1-0 Eldoret Youth (Karuturi Grounds)
- Modern Coast Rangers vs Fortune Sacco (Serani Sports Ground)
- Coast Stima 2-0 Green Commandos (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Kisumu All Stars 1-0 Thika United (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Bidco United vs Administration Police (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Kangemi All Stars vs Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)