Wazito moved to within a point shy of league leaders Kisumu All-Stars when they ran over Kenya Police 5-2 in an FKF National Super League match played at Camp Toyoyo.
Derrick Onyango struck a brace, with Victor Ndinya, Wilson Anekeya, and Amos Asembeka also on target as Wazito made amends from their loss to Modern Coast Rangers in their last match. Abraham Dawo and David Oluoch were on target for Kenya Police.
Nairobi City Stars also left it late to salvage a point in their match against Administration Police at Camp Toyoyo. It ended 2-2.
Humphrey Alemba’s goal in the 19th minute had given AP a 1-0 first half advantage. City Stars, however, restored parity in the 78th minute through mid season acquisition Heritier Luvualu.
With four minutes of regulation time left on the clock, AP would once again take the lead through Anthony Riro, but City Stars resilience saw them nick a point in stoppage time through Sanneh Ebrima.
Earlier on Sunday, Ushuru lost 2-1 to FC Talanta while Nairobi Stima were 1-0 winners over St Joseph Youth.
Round 31 Results
- Ushuru 1-2 FC Talanta (Camp Toyoyo)
- Bidco United 0-0 Kisumu All Stars (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United 2-4 Kangemi All-Stars (Thika Stadium)
- Shabana 1-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Gusii Stadium)
- Nairobi Stima 1-0 St. Joseph’s Youth (Karuturi Grounds)
- Green Commandos 5-0 Migori Youth (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Wazito 5-2 Kenya Police (Camp Toyoyo)
- Administration Police 2-2 Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Eldoret Youth 1-1 Coast Stima (Eldoret Show Grounds)
- Kibera Black Stars 1-4 Fortune Sacco (Hope Center)