Wazito bounced back from a loss in their last match to dispatch visiting Kisumu All Stars 2-1 in an FKF National Super League match played on Sunday, January 20, 2019, at Camp Toyoyo.
David Orem and Teddy Osok were on target for the promotion-chasing side, with Dennis Oalo’s 50th-minute equalizer turning out to be Kisumu All-Stars’ consolation.
The win saw Wazito return to second on the 20-team league with 21 points. For Kisumu All-Stars, the loss was their first of the season, with the Kisumu based side ranked fifth with 16 points from nine matches.
Shabana also put behind them a three-match losing streak to brush aside visiting Bidco United 2-0 in a match played on Sunday, January 20, 2019, at the Gusii Stadium.
Oscar Oketch netted a brace for the Glamour Boys as they rose to sixth with 16 points.
Meanwhile, at the Ruaraka Grounds, Ushuru maintained their unmatched form with a resounding 3-0 win over Eldoret Youth.
Edwin Mwaura, Michael Osundwa, and Jeremiah Wanjala were on target for the Taxmen as they clocked 25 points, four clear of second-placed Wazito.
Three more matches will be played on Monday to round up matchweek nine action, with the highlight being a doubleheader at Camp Toyoyo
- Ushuru 3-0 Eldoret Youth (Ruaraka Grounds)
- Wazito 2-1 Kisumu All Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Thika United 2-2 FC Talanta (Thika Stadium)
- Green Commandos 0-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Fortune Sacco 2-2 Nairobi City Stars (Thika Stadium)
- Shabana 2-0 Bidco United (Gusii Stadium)
- Kenya Police 2-1 Kangemi All-Stars (Karuturi Grounds)
- Administration Police vs Nairobi Stima (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Kibera Black Stars vs Coast Stima (Camp Toyoyo, 4:15)
- Migori Youth vs Modern Coast Rangers (Awendo Stadium, 3 pm)