Wazito needed a last minute goal by Joe Waithira to nick all three points from a resilient City Stars side in one of ten FKF National Super League matches played on Wednesday, March 13, 2019, as the second leg got underway. The early kickoff, played at Camp Toyoyo, ended 3-2.
Benson Iregi had given City Stars a 24th minute lead that canceled out from a freekick just before the break, the first half ending 1-1.
Robert Ndung’u restored City Stars’ lead just two minutes upon resumption but Wazito midfielder Joe Waithira once again levelled matters with a goal in the 65th minute. Waithira would, with a minute left on the clock, prove to be Wazito’s hero with a goal that saw the Badoer Investments sponsored side keep upright their promotion intentions.
In another match played at the same venue, Administration Police made it three wins in three when they overcame visiting Kisumu All Stars 3-1.
The win sees AP cement sixth place with 34 points, only two points shy of the top five.
Eldoret Youth, meanwhile, put behind them a string of lukewarm results when they inflicted a fourth loss of the season on FC Talanta. Amos Chingwa scored the lone goal.
Ushuru, in the meantime, squeezed out a 1-0 win off Migori Youth in Awendo to keep themselves top of the table while Nairobi Stima slipped to third when they played out a 0-0 draw with Bidco United in Naivasha.
NSL Round 20 Results
- Migori Youth 0-1 Ushuru (Awendo Stadium)
- Green Commandos 1-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Wazito 3-2 Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Administration Police 3-1 Kisumu All Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kibera Black Stars 3-1 Kangemi All-Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Fortune Sacco 1-2 Kenya Police (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United 0-2 Coast Stima (Thika Stadium)
- Shabana 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Gusii Stadium)
- Eldoret Youth 1-0 FC Talanta (Eldoret Polytechnic)
- Nairobi Stima 0-0 Bidco United (Karuturi Grounds)