FKF National Super League Leaders Western Stima will be aiming at further stretching their lead when they face fellow Powermen Coast Stima.
The derby is set to be played on Sunday, May 6, 2018, at the Mbaraki Sports Club, starting 3 pm.
Western Stima opened up a nine-point gap following their 4-0 win over Green Commandos in round 15 with second-placed Bidco United dropping points to FC Talanta.
Their weekend opponents, meanwhile, blew up a 1-0 first-half lead to lose 2-1 to Administration Police.
The derby will be one of five matches set to be played on Sunday.
- Coast Stima vs Western Stima (3 pm, Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Nairobi Stima vs Administration Police (3 pm, Karuturi Grounds)
- Kangemi All-Stars vs Kisumu All-Stars (11 am, Ruaraka Grounds)
- Kibera Black Stars vs Isibania (3 pm, Hope Center)
- Green Commandos vs KCB (3 pm, Bukhungu Stadium)
Four more matches will be played on Monday, May 7, 2018, with the highlight being a doubleheader at Camp Toyoyo.
Nairobi City Stars, fresh from a 3-2 come from behind upset of favorites KCB, will host a wounded Kenya Police in the first match, set to kick off at 1 pm.
FC Talanta, who labored to a 3-2 win over Bidco United in their last match, will then face Nakuru All-Stars at 3 pm.
- Joseph’s Youth vs Ushuru (3 pm, Afraha Stadium)
- GFE 105 vs Modern Coast Rangers (3 pm, Sudi Stadium)
- Nairobi City Stars vs Kenya Police (1 pm, Camp Toyoyo)
- FC Talanta vs Nakuru Allstars (3.15 pm, Camp Toyoyo)
Three players will not be available for selection this weekend.
Modern Coast Rangers’ Akibar Bilali is out of the Coastal side’s match against GFE 105, having been sent off in their last match against St Joseph Youth.
FC Talanta captain Sebastian Osodo will also miss their match against Nakuru All-Stars after he was sent off for a second bookable offense in their 3-2 win over Bidco United.
Ushuru defender Fredrick Kentille will likewise miss the Taxmen’s trip to Nakuru having accumulated five Yellow Cards.