Shabana has been fined KES 20,000 for fans’ unsporting behavior that caused abandonment of their FKF National Super League match against Wazito played on April 7, 2019, at Camp Toyoyo.
The decision, which also saw Wazito awarded three points for the abandoned match, was arrived at during a Leagues and Competitions Committee sitting at FKF House, Goal Project.
“The FKF Leagues & Competitions Committee in its sitting on Wednesday, 24th April 2019 deliberated and decided as follows:
- That Shabana FC fans disrupted the match after Wazito FC equalized in the 96th minute, the match was eventually called off.
- That Shabana FC fans caused the abandonment of the match and in accordance with FKF Rule 3.4(b) and FKF Rule 3.8, Shabana FC have forfeited the match and the match has been awarded to Wazito FC on three points, 2-0 score basis. All the yellow cards and red cards recorded during the match shall count.
- That Shabana FC has been found guilty of misconduct during the mentioned match against Wazito FC and is hereby fined Kenya Shillings Twenty Thousands (Kshs 20,000).
- The above amount should be paid to the Football Kenya Federation within Fourteen (14) days from the date of this ruling.
- That the club is hereby warned that severe punishment will be meted out on it if its fans/members and/or supporters will be found guilty of a similar charge in future matches,” read part of the letter sent to Shabana FC, signed by FKF General Secretary Robert Muthomi.
Following the decision, Wazito is ranked second on the log with 57 points from 28 matches while Shabana is tenth with 40 points from 28 matches.