FC Talanta has leaped back to the top of the Betika National Super League following a 1-0 win over MCF in the round nine action on Sunday, February 7, 2021.
The rise was heavily aided by Kenya Police’s 1-1 draw against Kisumu Hot Stars on Saturday. Edwin Mwaura’s lone goal from the penalty area in the 61st minute came through for FC Talanta, a result that sees them clock 19 points, two clear in goal difference of Kenya Police.
Kisumu All-Stars, meanwhile, pulled the highlight of the round nine action when they beat Mt.Kenya United 5-2 at the Moi Stadium, Kisumu.
A brace by Steve Otieno coupled with a goal apiece by Felix Seda, Alfred Emoni, and Patrick Ochieng, saw Kisumu Allstars moving to position four with 16 points, only one shy of third-placed Fortune Sacco. Kevin Ndungu and Leroy Otieno were on target for Mt. Kenya United
Silibwet, meanwhile, were held to a goalless draw by visiting Shabana at the Bomet Stadium while Vihiga Bullets had a similar scoreline with Coast Stima at the Bukhungu Stadium.
Round 9 Results
- Migori Youth 0-2 Modern Coast Rangers (Migori Stadium, 3 pm)
- Kibera Black Stars 0-1 Nairobi Stima (Ligi Ndogo grounds, 3 pm)
- Kenya Police 1-1 Kisumu Hot Stars (Ruaraka Grounds, 3 pm)
- APS Bomet 1-2 Mwatate United (Bomet Stadium, 3 pm)
- Vihiga Bullets 0-0 Coast Stima (Bukhungu Stadium, 1 pm)
- Muranga Seal 1-0 Soy United (St. Sebastian Park, 3 pm)
- Kisumu AllStars 5-2 Mt.Kenya United (Moi Stadium,Kisumu, 3 pm)
- Silibwet 0-0 Shabana (Bomet Stadium, 3 pm)
- MCF 0-1 FC Talanta (Ruaraka Grounds, 3 pm)