Ushuru suffered a dent in their race for promotion following a 2-2 draw against Nairobi City Stars in one of four FKF National Super League matches played on Monday, May 27, 2019.
Despite scoring first through Brian Yakhama only five minutes into the match, the Taxmen fell behind to a brace by Noah Abich, the first half ending 2-1 in favor of City Stars.
Concerted efforts for a comeback in the second half bore no fruits, with Barrack Odhiambo’s late equalizer not enough to sustain the pace in the promotion race.
The draw sees Ushuru maintain fourth place, eight points behind league leaders Wazito. City Stars, on the other hand, are 17th, only two points clear of the drop zone.
Kisumu All-Stars and Nairobi Stima, meanwhile, kept their hopes alive following wins over Kenya Police and Kibera Black Stars respectively.
Gerishom Arambe scored the all-important goal for All-Stars as they maintained second place with 71 points, four behind leaders Wazito.
Amos Wekesa, Brian Musa and Patrick Asiku, on the other hand, were on target for Nairobi Stima, a win that, however, only sees them cling onto the playoff spot, with three matches left.
Earlier on Sunday, Wazito left it late to beat Administration Police 2-1 at Camp Toyoyo, a clear pointer to their promotion intentions.
Sunday, May 26, 2019
- Bidco United 4-1 Fortune Sacco (Thika Stadium)
- Eldoret Youth 1-0 Green Commandos (Eldoret Show Grounds)
- Coast Stima 1-0 Modern Coast Rangers (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- St. Joseph’s Youth 1-2 Kangemi All-Stars (Afraha Stadium)
- Administration Police 1-2 Wazito (Camp Toyoyo)
- Shabana 3-1 Thika United (Gusii Stadium)
Monday, May 27, 2019
- Nairobi Stima 3-0 Kibera Black Stars (Karuturi Grounds)
- Kisumu All-Stars 1-0 Kenya Police (Moi Stadium)
- FC Talanta 1-1 Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Ushuru 2-2 Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo)