2019 FKF Women Premier League Champions, Vihiga Queens, will be crowned on Saturday, November 30, 2019, at the Kenyatta Stadium in Kitale. This after their final league match against hosts Trans Nzoia Falcons.
Vihiga Queens has amassed an unassailable nine-point lead over second-placed Gaspo Women, and with the final round of matches set to be played this weekend, the defending champions will be crowned for the third time in a row regardless of Saturday’s result.
The match has been scheduled for 3 pm.
— Football Kenya Federation (@Football_Kenya) November 27, 2019
Two playoff matches have also been lined up to determine the overall Women Div One champion as well as the third-placed team that will also earn promotion to the WPL.
Zone B champions Nakuru West Queens will square it out with their Zone A counterparts Kahawa Queens to determine the overall winner in a match set to kick off at 1 pm.
A curtain-raiser between runners-up’s SEP Oyugis and MTG United will kick off the day’s schedule at 11 am. The winner of the match will earn promotion to the WPL, replacing Nyuki Starlets and Vihiga Leeds who were relegated earlier in the year on account of issuing three walkovers.
- SEP Oyugis vs MTG United (Div One Third Place Playoff, 11 am)
- Nakuru West Queens vs Kahawa Queens (Div One Playoff, 1 pm)
- Trans Nzoia Falcons vs Vihiga Queens (WPL Round 30, 3 pm)
WPL Weekend Fixtures
Saturday, 30th November 2019
- Wadadia vs Kisumu All Starlets (Mumias Sports Complex, 1 pm)
- Trans Zoia Falcons vs Vihiga Queens(Kenyatta Stadium, 3 pm)
- Thika Queens vs Kayole Starlet (Thika Stadium, 1 pm)
- Kibera Girls Soccer Academy vs Zetech Sparks (Stima Members Club, 1 pm)
- Oserian Ladies vs Gaspo Women (Oserian Grounds, 1 pm)
Sunday, 1st December 2019.
- Mathare United Women vs Spedag (Stima Members Club, 1 pm)