Nyuki Starlets came from a goal down to upset hosts Makolanders 2-1 in one of six FKF Women Premier League matches played on Sunday, May 5, 2019, at Camp Toyoyo.
Makolanders were the first on the scoresheet in the 15th minute, Faridah Nyarotso outpacing her markers before slotting in a low effort at the far post.
The lead lasted only three minutes though. Anne Anyango capitalized on a loose ball, rounding up the keeper before slotting into an empty net for a 1-1 halftime score.
Upon resumption in the second half, Mary Majeso put the guests on the front foot with a looping effort that caught Makolanders keeper Pauline Atieno off her line. Nyuki would then hold on to the lead for their third win this season.
Kisumu All Starlets, meanwhile, mastered a 4-0 win over hosts Zetech Sparks, a swift comeback from their loss to Gaspo Youth on a similar scoreline on Saturday.
Jecinta Atieno and Mercy Airo each netted a brace as the Kisumu based side cemented fourth place with 25 points from 11 matches.
Spedag also picked up their first win of the season when they edged out Kayole Starlet 2-1 at the Stima Members Club. Peris Momanyi and Carolyne Omondi were on target for Spedag with Vidah Wairimu netting Kayole’s consolation.
- Gaspo Women 4-0 Kisumu All Starlets (Ruiru Grounds)
- Oserian Ladies 1-1 Nyuki Starlets (Oserian Grounds)
- Kayole Starlet 1-2 Spedag (Stima Members Club)
- Zetech Sparks 0-4 Kisumu All Starlets (Ruiru Grounds)
- Gaspo Women 1-0 Oserian Ladies (Stima Members Club)
- Makolanders 1-2 Nyuki Starlets (Camp Toyoyo)
- Wadadia 3-3 Kibera Girls Soccer Academy (Mumias Sports Complex)
- Trans-Nzoia Falcons 2-0 Thika Queens (Manour Agricutural Center)