Washington Gicovi struck at the death to see Nairobi Stima past Kibera Black Stars in one of three FKF National Super League matches played on Friday, August 31, 2018, at Camp Toyoyo. The match ended 3-2.
Stephen Owusu had early in the first half struck a brace to put Stima firmly in the driving seat. Black Stars would, however, put themselves back into the tie with a goal apiece in the second half by Henry Onyango and Wilson Njuguna. Gicovi would then deliver a stoppage-time sucker punch to stun the hosts.
Earlier on at the same venue, Ushuru got back to winning ways with a 3-0 win over Modern Coast Rangers. Barrack Odhiambo, Baron Oketch, and Martin Lemaiyan were on target for the Taxmen.
The win was however not enough to see Ushuru out of fourth place, as third-placed KCB also managed a 2-1 win over Administration Police in an 11 am kickoff.
Five more matches will be played on Saturday with the highlight being a derby pitting Kisumu based Western Stima and Kisumu All Stars.
- KCB 2-1 Administration Police (Camp Toyoyo, 11 am)
- Ushuru 3-0 Modern Coast Rangers (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Kibera Black Stars 2-3 Nairobi Stima (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Joseph’s Youth vs Coast Stima (Afraha Stadium, 12 pm)
- Kangemi All-Stars vs FC Talanta (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Western Stima vs Kisumu All Stars (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)
- Nairobi City Stars vs Bidco United (Hope Center, 3 pm)
- Green Commandos vs GFE 105 (Mumias Sports Complex, 3 pm)
Also Read: CAF Technical Directors workshop culminates