Wazito leaped back to the top of the FKF National Super League following a 2-0 win over Fortune Sacco in one of five FKF National Super League matches played on Sunday, May 12, 2019.
The rise was heavily aided by Kisumu All Stars barren draw against Ushuru on Saturday. Victor Ndinya and Derrick Onyango were on target for Wazito, a result that sees them clock 66 points, one clear of Kisumu All Stars.
Kenya Police, meanwhile, maintained a fine run of form this season when they beat Shabana 4-3 at the Karuturi Grounds.
A brace by Alvin Mang’eni, coupled with a goal apiece by David Okiki and David Oluoch, saw the Law Enforcers maintain fifth place with 59 points, only one shy of fourth-placed Ushuru. John Musyoka, Anthony Ndolo, and Dennis Zakaria were on target for Shabana.
Green Commandos, meanwhile, pulled a 1-0 upset over Kibera Black Stars at the Hope Center Grounds while Administration Police beat Kangemi All-Stars on a similar scoreline at the Thika Stadium.
Saturday, 11 May 2019
- Kisumu All-Stars 0-0 Ushuru (Moi Stadium)
- St. Joseph’s Youth 2-0 Talanta (Afraha Stadium)
- Coast Stima 3-4 Bidco United (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Modern Coast Rangers 3-1 Eldoret Youth (Serani Sports Ground)
- Nairobi City Stars 0-1 Nairobi Stima (Hope Center)
Sunday, 12 May 2019
- Kibera Black Stars 0-1 Green Commandos (Hope Center)
- Kenya Police 4-3 Shabana (Karuturi Grounds)
- Migori Youth 2-0 Thika United (Awendo Stadium)
- Kangemi All-Stars 0-1 Administration Police (Thika Stadium)
- Fortune Sacco 0-2 Wazito (Thika Stadium)